The purpose of the Forum is to promote research and education of high quality with the aim of improving health and health services for marginalized population groups in low and middle-income countries.
The main objectives are:
• To improve and strengthen the involvement of Norwegian research institutions in global health research and education
• To contribute to increased international collaboration in global health research and training with special emphasis on strengthening the capacity of institutional partners in low- and middle-income countries
• To improve funding for relevant and high-quality global health research by the Norwegian
Government and other sources
• To contribute to national and international processes and initiatives within global health and health research
Strategies applied to fulfill the objectives of the Forum will include activities such as:
- Improving collaboration between the research community, the government, the private sector and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) for the development of evidence-based policy in the field of global health
- Close communication with important international actors in the field of global health and health research and contribute to international processes with an emphasis on strengthening the capacity of institutions in low income countries
- Organizing annual scientific conferences on global health research in collaboration with the Research Council of Norway
- Maintaining a web site and inventory of activities and resources used for global health research in Norway
- Representing the Norwegian research community in the Federation of European Societies for Tropical Medicine and International Health and in other associations, federations or forums where the Board finds it appropriate.